Our TunnelBears love helping you to privately browse the internet from your favorite countries. We’ve been listening closely to all your requests over at the TunnelBear polling station and we know that many of you are excited for the Bears to finish digging new tunnels.
Over the past month, TunnelBears have secretly been digging several new tunnels. Today, we’re excited to announce that the Bears have just surfaced in several locations in Europe! You can now use TunnelBear to privately connect to the internet in three new countries: Switzerland, Sweden and Ireland!
For Windows, OSX and Android, if you have the latest version of TunnelBear installed, you will now see the new countries as an option in the country drop-down menu. If you’re using iPhone or iPad, see the instructions below on how to get the new countries added. If you’re new to TunnelBear, you can start tunneling by downloading a TunnelBear.
How do I get tunneling to Switzerland, Sweden and Ireland?
For PC, Mac or Android
The new countries should show up automatically in the list of countries. Simply select your favourite country in the app’s country dropdown, then turn TunnelBear “ON”.
TunnelBear for iPhone & iPad
If you have the new TunnelBear app (with the map) and you haven’t taken steps to turn TunnelBear on from settings, you won’t need to do anything. The new countries will automatically appear next time you open the app!
For anyone who has chosen to use the manual option, you’ll need to delete the old TunnelBear “profile” from your device and reinstall the new one. The instructions can be found below.
Deleting the old TunnelBear profile
- From your iPhone/iPad homescreen, tap Settings > General > Profiles
- Remove the existing profile by tapping on the TunnelBear profile > Tap the red “remove” button > Tap “remove” to confirm. The old TunnelBear profile should now be removed.
Installing the New TunnelBear Profile
- Open the TunnelBear Application on your iPad or iPhone
- Open the left menu by tapping the three horizontal lines in the top left corner
- Tap on the “Reinstall Profile” option
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the new profile installation
- You should now see an option for the new countries in your devices VPN settings.
Want to convince the bears to tunnel somewhere else?
Head over to tunnelbear.com/vote to tell us where the bears should explore next.